Rocky Mountain Nordic JUNIOR NATIONAL QUALIFYING RACES | February 18 - 19 | DURango, co
The Durango Nordic Ski Club and our title event sponsor, Fort Lewis College, is proud to host the Rocky Mountain Nordic Junior National Qualifying (JNQ) Races on February 18 and 19, 2017 at the Purgatory Nordic Center. The dates, times, locations and other details for this JNQ is provided below.
START LIST AND RESULTS
Start lists and race results will be posted here for the Durango JNQ, February 18 and 19, 2017. Please return to this page for updates throughout the weekend.
Schedule of Events
Monday February 13, 2017
- 9:00 PM Entries due to Mike Elliott with Four Corners Timing. Email (email@example.com). Or call (970) 769-8655 for questions.
- Entries received after 9:00 PM are subject to a $10 late fee per athlete per race.
- Download and sign waivers for each participant.
- Durango Nordic will be hosting an awards dinner at the Fort Lewis College Ballroom Saturday Night following the day's events. Dinner will be be a Mexican Buffet starting at 5:30 PM. Cost is $12.50 per person and spaces are limited. Open bar available for parents and coaches of legal age. To attend, parents MUST to register and pre-pay for the Awards Dinner by the end of day February 13th.
- Didn't make the deadline? Don't sweat it. We have a handful of additional reservations with the caterer - first come first serve. The registration link below still works. However, once all the tickets are sold out, you will no longer be able to order online or attend. Hope to see you at the banquet! It will be a good time.
Register for awards dinner below
Wednesday February 15, 2017
- Entry lists for both the Distance Mass Start Race and the Distance Interval Start races will be sent out. www.fourcornerstiming.com.
Thursday February 16, 2017
- Saturdays start lists will be sent out and posted to this site in the evening.
Friday February 17, 2017
- 1:00 PM Courses open for inspection. Courses closes at 4:00 PM.
- No Trail Fees for racers or coaches. Please check in at the Purgatory Nordic Center to let us know you are out on the course and indicate about how many skiers you have.
- 5:00 – 5:30 PM Registration and payment Location: CrossFit Catacombs 225 East 8th Ave, Durango
- 5:30 – 6:30 PM Team Captains’ Meeting. CrossFit Catacombs 225 East 8th Ave, Durango. All Team Leaders should have a representative at the Team Captains’ Meeting. Only cash or check payments.
Saturday February 18, 2017
- Mass Start Race Classic Technique, Purgatory Nordic Center
- Course maps for 10km | 7.5km | 5km and 3km | 1km events (follow link for maps)
- 7:00 – 8:45 AM Final registration and bib pick-up, Purgatory Nordic Center
- 8:50 AM Courses will remain open
- 9:00 AM Start of classic technique. Order of start (times subject to change):
- 9:00 AM | MU20/U18 Males | 10km
- 9:45 AM | MU16 Males | 5km
- 10:20 AM | FU20/U18 Females | 7.5km
- 11:00 AM | FU16 Females | 5km
- 11:30 AM | MU14 Males | 3km
- 11:40 AM | MU12 Males | 3km
- 12:00 PM | FU14 Females | 3km
- 12:10 PM | FU12 Females | 3km
- 12:30 PM | MU10/U8 Males | 1.5km
- 12:35 PM | MU10/U8 Females | 1.5km
- 5:30 PM Official race weekend awards dinner at Fort Lewis College Student Union Ballroom - $12.50 / person.
Sunday February 19, 2017
- Freestyle technique interval start race, Purgatory Nordic Center
- 7:00 – 8:45 AM final registration and bib pick-up at Purgatory Nordic Center
- 9am Start of Freestyle Race with 15 second intervals
- Course maps for skate races
- Order of start (times subject to change)
- 9:00 AM | FU18 / U20 Females | 5km
- 9:30 AM | FU16 Females | 5km
- 10:00 AM | MU18 / MU20 | Males | 5km
- 10:30 AM | MU16 Males | 5km
- 11:00 AM | FU14 / FU12 Females | 3km
- 11:30 AM | MU14 / MU12 Males | 3km
- 12:00 PM | FU10 / FU8 Females | 1.5km
- 12:05 PM | MU10 / MU8 Males | 1.5km
- Awards immediately following the completion of all classes (e.g., U18/U20, U/16, U/14, U12)
- 1:30 PM Naming of RMN Junior National Team followed by team processing at Purgatory Nordic Center
- Waiver and Release of Liability: Every competitor must have a signed a waiver that includes Purgatory Resort and DNSC.
- Racing Bibs: Ski Racers will have separate bibs for the Classic Mass Start and the Freestyle Interval Start race. $60 fee will be charged for missing or damaged bibs.
- Bathrooms: In Nordic Center and Porta-potties near the Start and Finish area in the Ski Stadium.
- Waxing: There will be electricity for waxing near the Purgatory Nordic Center. Waxing will be outside. RMN Waxing Protocol will be in effect. Pure Flouro waxes are banned at the DNSC JNQ races.
- Parking: There will be parking attendants helping you. Parking is limited at the Purgatory Nordic Center. Team Vans will have a designated area for parking. We will try and accommodate as many cars as possible at the Nordic Center and on Tacoma Drive. Parking maps and Parking Passes for team vans will be distributed at the Team Captains’ meeting.
- Entry Fees: Per Race: U16 and older $35, U14 & U12 $25, U10 & U8 $10
- Official Awards Dinner: $12.50 per person. Please give us an estimate of how many will be attending by Friday February 10, 2017.
- Payment: Checks payable to DNSC (Durango Nordic Ski Club). Please pay for both Races and Awards Dinner at the Team Captains’ meeting and Registration on Friday February, 17, 2017.
- Late Entries or Changes: $10 fee for any additions or changes after 9pm on Monday February 13, 2017. Late entries and changes will be accepted until 6pm Friday February 17, 2017. There will be no race day entries accepted.
- Seeding For Saturday’s Mass Start Race: U16 and Older seeding will be done directly off the USSA NRL points list, then Rocky Mountain Nordic Points List, then random draw. U14 and younger seeding off the RMN U14 and younger points list, then random draw.
- Seeding for Sunday’s Distance Race: Same procedure for all classes. Seed groups of 12 and scrambled within those seed groups.
- Timing: Four Corner’s Timing.
- Lodging Information and Reservations: Hampton Inn Durango 970 247-2600. Purgatory Resort’s Reservations 800- 525-0892 (30% off 2 bedroom or larger units staying a minimum of 2nights) or Gateway Reservations 800 828-4228.
Fort Lewis College
Fort Lewis College (FLC) is partnering with Durango Nordic as the sponsor of our Junior Nationals Qualifier on February 18 - 19. FLC will be generously hosting events at the college for coaches, parents and athletes over the weekend. Additionally, FLC will be at the event supporting its needs and providing information about the college to interested participants.